Friday, September 14, 2007

A Long Overdue Update!

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated my blog! Our lives have been nothing short of crazy for the past few weeks. I've been working 2 weeks now and we are SORT OF developing a bit of a routine. I am glad to be back for the mental stimulation and adult conversation, but am really really missing my little guy even for the few hours I am away from him. Here he is in his new favorite toy...his "stand-up gym."

Now that I am back to work, Nicholas needs to have a bottle in the morning with his daddy and here is a picture of him actually holding it himself! We were quite concerned when 1 week before I went back to work, he still refused to take it, but as you can see he's doing quite fine.
Bath time has become a routine that I especially enjoy. After his bath, Nic eats and it's lights out. He goes to sleep so well now...no crying. Just lays down and closed his eyes. What an angel!
Last weekend we visited with our friends Crystal and little Lauryn at her bridal shower. Nicholas and Lauryn are about 6 weeks apart and spent some time getting to know each other.


Being a mom is just the greatest, but being a working mom sure had me stressed out this week. It's going to take some time to get used to all the roles I have to play now, from mom to wife to physio to business owner to renovator. Will anyone care if the vacuuming doesn't get done this week? At least Nic isn't crawling yet!




Check out the drool!
(click to enlarge)

4 comments:

Ev said...

Wow, you guys are really working hard. Nicholas is getting more and more adorable. Holding his own bottle now is he! Does he still nurse okay as well? Understand Scott and Patricia are out there this weekend. Hope you had time to relax and visit with them. Or did you put them to work too?? Take care - your new work place is looking great.

Gloria Pierson said...

These are some fantastic pictures!!! Nicolas is adorable! Those drool pictures are just so real! Nicholas definitely looks like Yan yet occasionally I see a family resemblance to Scott! He definitely belongs to your family!!!! Now that you are back to working again at the clinic, Kim - when will we get to meet your men???? We welcome you for a trip to CA anytime! XOXOXO

The Letniaks said...

He is sure getting big!!! Are you sick of the songs that the stand-up gym play yet??!!! They are all to familiar - we borrowed one when we were at mom and dad's, I was ready to not hear the songs again for awhile!!! :) Great pictures of him!

Steven and Kimberly said...

Great job, and definitely congratulations on your new clinic and all of your hard work. I pray that God will continue to bless your work and home! And super job with the pictures of Nic!