Sunday, February 03, 2008

It's been a long time between posts, but we have been busy getting ready for Yan's parents arrival on Tuesday. We have been cleaning, painting, making trips to Home Depot for tiling supplies (as Yan's dad is going to do some backsplash tiling for us) and generally doing all the chores we have been putting off since we moved in. Nicholas has been keeping me busier and busier as he becomes more mobile. This mommy had foolishly thought she had made progress teaching her 9 month old the concept of "NO" when she walked back into the living room after just a few minutes of absence to discover THIS! Guess I was the one who learned the lesson.
What a little rascal. My mom's take on the whole situation is that if Nic likes to eat dirt, he'll make a good farmer! I have been working longer days for the month of January as Brenda (one of our therapists) has been vacationing in Costa Rica for the month. BUT, tomorrow I start back to official half time, and I am soooo ready for it. I have been perpetually tired this past month and am looking forward to getting rid of the dark circles under my eyes. Here are a few more pics of our little prince.

I love my Spinach Surprise!

Enjoying "Sassy Time" in the morning.

Gotta love those locks.

Going for our morning run. "Mommy...do you really have to train when it's this cold?"

3 comments:

Ev said...

Oh, I love that look on his face saying oh-oh I got caught - darn it!! Dirt tastes good I remember eating it as a child and still remember the taste!!!!!! How old was I at the time you ask - well before the age of 4 as I remember it was at our place in Sask. and we moved to BC and then Man. when I was that age. That plaid shirt is priceless. The pics of him and Sassy as pricess as well.

Steven and Kimberly said...

So I guess that means all of my houseplants will be finding new homes or new places to go in the house where a door can be closed for my child. That potting soil is no fun to clean up...especially when it's rubbed in! Good luck with the in-laws!

The Letniaks said...

Your plant picture brought back a very fond memory of Jaren doing the same thing!! Thankfully he only did it once :) I refused to move my plants and many other things!! He is sure growing and is such a cutie as always! Hope you get lots done around your place with the visit from your family. It's nice when they can help on those projects that always get left - know we've had a few of them as well!!