Sunday, October 29, 2006

15 weeks!

This is my first pregnancy post - with thoughts and comments regarding this crazy thing that has changed my life (and Yan's) so much already and the baby hasn't even come yet! I am 15 weeks along now and have finally put most of my old pants to the far left of the closet and am relegated to only wearing stretchy or pregnancy pants. My belly is barely protruding, but I have NO WAIST anymore. This is a rather hard thing for me to deal with, as I have been known to do crunches at any time of day, diligently working on keep my waist "a waist."

These are some pics of what the baby looks like inside me now (note these are from a book), and although he/she is only 4 inches long, my physique seems to represent more baby than that. I was out shopping this weekend for Mexico clothes. Do you know who hard it is to find summer clothes in Comox in October, more less ones that fit a disproportionate body type? I had to swallow my pride a little when I bought a few pieces of clothing in size L and even one XL! I can happily say that one reason for the size increase has to do with my bust, and I'm not complaining about that! I did find some cute things on sale from the summer that will allow me some variety in Mexico.

I know I must accept this changing body image, but it's hard. Last week at work, an event I had been dreading finally happened. A past patient on mine returned after about 2 years for treatment on Monday. I treated him again on Friday and the topic of my being pregnant came up at that second session. He commented (very politely) that he was going to say something on Monday, but didn't want to in case I had just gained some weight! I was rather mortified. I realized that I couldn't hide it anymore, and I'm at the stage where people just think I'm getting at little chubby. I just want to skip to the point of looking really pregnant now please! But wait - not til after the wedding...I still need to fit in my bikini!

No comments: