Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Made It!

Just wanted to do a quick note to let you all know that we made it safely to Quebec City on Wednesday after a very good flight during which Nicholas slept the whole way! I think he liked the sound of the engine and I could barely wake him to feed him. We have been enjoying time with Yan's parents, and he's been playing tourist in his own town, as he shows me the city. Yesterday we spent a very nice day walking around old Quebec, the Plains of Abraham, and having crepes at a creperie. Yummy! Today we are heading out to the lake cabin with Yan's parents, sister and her family, and his aunt and uncle. They are all camping in their own campers by the way :) I am trying my best to speak French, but I am soooo terrible. His family are patient with me though, and I hope I'm getting better as I fumble with the verb conjugations. I thought present tense was bad...now I'm learning past and future tenses as well! Is English this hard for people to learn? BTW- I can' t seem to upload my pics right now, so sorry for the lack of illustration.

3 comments:

Scott said...

Glad to hear you made it okay. (so what do the French say happened at the Plains of Abraham? Three cheers for the English! - just joking :)

Scott said...

Kim, call me when you get a chance.

Ev said...

Glad to hear Nicholas was a good flyer on the way to Quebec. Lets hope he does the same on the way home. Will be looking for many posts once you get access.

Love Aunty EV