Not quite...but what did I get myself into? I have been trekking along with some slower runners in my usual Thurs night trail running clinic for the past few months, usually taking Nicholas along for the hike in an attempt to stay involved and get out of the house! Well, last night Ishowed up sans Nicholas, and the two runners I usually trek with didn't show either! Only about 6
runners showed and I found myself getting dragged along on a real trail run. Up to this point, I had only run 35 minutes on the flat since I had Nicholas. Off we started on my old favorite running trails that used to be Gutbuster training ground. Up and up we climbed until I thought I was going to pass out. Of course there was lots to chat about too, between gasps for breath. At the first summit we had to make a decision to do the short course or long course. An apprehensive me found myself following everyone on the long course, hoping I wouldn't have to be rescued off the mountain! One hour and 13 minutes later we finally arrived back at the parking lot and I had survived! Despite being super tired, I was sooooo excited that I had done a real trail run! I have so missed being out there in the woods, sweating, smelling the cedar and catching up with good girlfriends along the way. Thanks Sarah for getting me out there!
runners showed and I found myself getting dragged along on a real trail run. Up to this point, I had only run 35 minutes on the flat since I had Nicholas. Off we started on my old favorite running trails that used to be Gutbuster training ground. Up and up we climbed until I thought I was going to pass out. Of course there was lots to chat about too, between gasps for breath. At the first summit we had to make a decision to do the short course or long course. An apprehensive me found myself following everyone on the long course, hoping I wouldn't have to be rescued off the mountain! One hour and 13 minutes later we finally arrived back at the parking lot and I had survived! Despite being super tired, I was sooooo excited that I had done a real trail run! I have so missed being out there in the woods, sweating, smelling the cedar and catching up with good girlfriends along the way. Thanks Sarah for getting me out there!
4 comments:
Congratulations Kim! I haven't given birth to a little one and I am exhausted just thinking about it!
1 hour 13 minutes!! Trail running?? Amazing! Come do our City to Surf sometime. pictures to be posted on my blog soon!! Sounds like you had a nice holiday too! Always great to get home eh??
Wow - you gave your body a good work out! Congratulations on making it without any assistance!!!
I agree with your friend Ariane, I got exhausted just thinking about it! Congratulations, though, that's some trail run.
Post a Comment