Monday, August 20, 2007

Our Visit to the Ranch

We got back from our trip out to my parents' ranch in Alberta last night. When I started doing this post, I realized that between Mom, Scott, Amy and I, I have 322 pictures to remember the occasion. How does one chose the best ones! I think Mom and Scott have already posted some nice pics on their blogs (see top 2 links to the left), so I will try to put something different here. Instead of summarizing the whole trip, here are our TOP 10 interesting highlights:
1. Nicholas started standing...and even stood alone for a few seconds at 4 months of age!
2. Nicholas got his first haircut.
3. Yan got to swath, combine, and work cattle with my dad.
4. Nicholas got his first cold, along with everyone else.
5. Kim got to see her friends from high school - Debra, Kerry and Shawna!
6. We all gained weight on Mom's good cooking - good for Nic, not so good for Yan and I.
7. Nicholas got to swim in his new kiddie pool - thanks Kerry and Deb!

8. We got to visit with Karis, Amy and Zachary Zbaraschuk from Orlando.


9. Baba (great-grandma) got to spend lots of quality time with Nicholas and made us lots of perogies.

10. Yan willingly drove 2900 of the 3000K of the trip, while Kim not-so-willingly hasn't really had a chance to drive her RAV4 yet!

No comments: