Nicholas is still in the middles of the terrible twos, and waffles between loving and kissing his little brother, and jealously screaming and being bad while I'm breast feeding to get attention when he knows I can't get up and deal with him. He will be starting pre-school twice a week in September in a french immersion school, so I hope that will make him feel special and keep him from being board around the house!
We also made an initial attempt at potty training starting the August long weekend. There was no potty training in a day at our house, but likely more of a lack of committment from mommy and daddy that from Nicholas. He loves going potty before nap and bedtime, but forgets to tell us when he needs to go during the day... and denies it even if he has to go. So we have great potty time twice a day, and hopefully it will turn into more over time. He's not even 2 1/2 yet, so we aren't too worried about it.
Yan started back to work on August 4, and has been enjoying getting back into the routine. He was scheduled to go to a few air shows already, but the involvement of his unit was cancelled both times, so he was rather disappointed. He also had minor (he would call is MAJOR) surgery the week before he went back to work. Let's just say we won't be having any more children and leave it at that!
We are expecting another heat wave starting in a few days, so will be heading to the beach again I'm sure. We actually got rain this week, and I was lucky enough to be out with Nicholas starting a run when it started to pour! "You know you've become a Vancouver Islander when..." you start to smile and pick up your pace with new vigor when running in the rain! It was awesome...up until that day I had been doing run:walk combos, but that day I was so invigorated, I ran the whole way and have been keeping it up ever since! We were passing people cycling (going in the opposite direction...no I'm not THAT fast) who were waving and "whoohoo'ing" - we were all so happy for rain as it has been VERY dry here as well this summer.



At supper tonight - watermelon feed

6 comments:
Way to take care of not having any more children. Go, Yan! Looks like the boys are growing up quickly, and how handsome they are. I hope that Nic can release some of that energy in preschool. That will be very nice for you!
All men think that it is very MAJOR surgery. Looks like the boys are having a great summer.
Had a great laugh of Nicholas' self portrait & his upside down sunglasses.
Congrats on the Arbonne achievemnet as well!
How is it Yan gets his watermelon all cut up for hime & Nic has to get his own?!!!
Sounds like you've been busy!! I'm sure Nic will enjoy a couple days of pre-school with other kids around. They grow up way too quickly. Good luck with the potty - it will happen on it's own time, you're right not to stress about it!
The boys are certainly growing - it won't be long and your little boys will be all grown up!!! Trust me - it goes that fast!!!! Don't worry about the potty training - it will come when Nic is ready!! French immersion school - great for Nicholas! Must be tough for Yan to be back at work - well on the other hand maybe it is easier that caring for two busy boys!!!! Glad you got some rain - you can send some here!!!!
Post a Comment