The weather has been much nicer here this week, and Nicholas and I have been taking advantage of our yard! This morning I decided to do some weeding and let Nicholas have his free reign of the yard. It didn't take long before he ended up helping me by digging in the flower bed and eating dirt. This all happened a mere 30 minutes before lunch, and I spent about 15 minutes trying to get dirt of his nose, ears, socks, hands, etc so he could eat lunch. Gotta let boys be boys! It was so cute to watch him discover the properties of dirt. [Ken & Crystal...that shovel is from your wedding!]
Eating lunch in the yard
One of my rose bushes...I can't wait until all those buds open!
This is my son being a goofball before bedtime. He's taken to racing around the house right before bed, then plopping into his back, breaking into hysterical laughter (although you can't tell from the pockerface in the pics), and racing around once more. Nic never likes to be on his back, so this is a new one. Below, he's heading up the stairs for bathtime, and crawls to the tub immediately when he gets to the top!


4 comments:
I had such a good laugh at the first pics. It looks like he is eating chocolate cake!!!!!! So nice to see you Nicholas are enjoying the yard. I can imagine Nic enjoying the beach with his shovel this summer too.
Awesome pictures of Nicholas being your gardener!! Tell him he does not have to taste the soil to know if it's good or not!!!!!! What were Ken & Crystal doing with a shovel at their wedding? Hope you are having as nice as weekend as ours has started out being. Last Sat. we had over 4" of snow to wake up too - today it's +20!!!
I like the new look of the blog. Too cute with Nic eating all the dirt. That would have been fun getting that out of his mouth! Hope you had a good toothbrush! :) Hopefully we'll be out in the dirt again soon once all our snow disappears and the yard dries up. Thought my spring of mud was over - guess not yet. Hope you all had a good weekend.
Those pictures are adorable - good high school grad night pictures!!!! loved that eating the dirt pictures - that's got to be a prize winner!!! Yep, boys will be boys!!! Can't believe you still have that bucket and shovel from K & C wedding - too cute! Savor these moments - they grow up just too fast!
Post a Comment