Monday, September 08, 2008

This weekend we were blessed with a return of sunnier, warmer weather. It still feels like fall at night, but during the day, we donned our shorts and headed out to Kids Fest! It was a great afternoon of live music, balloons, mini-donuts (yummy!) and lots of great places for Nicholas to run free and wild.
He particularly enjoyed this one live band/storytelling group as you can see. First of all he sat really nice and listened. Then he had to get involved. There are many other children behind him in the picture below, but just as he does in church, he had to stand right up at the front and almost got hit in the nose by the trombone player! Then he started dancing and almost got more laughs than the storytellers.


Here is a picture of my little dude. He found his daddy's sunglasses this morning and was wearing them in every manner possible: on his face, around his neck, on his head, around his waist. Too cute! It seems he never will keep his own sunglasses on his face, but these are different I guess.

Yan is doing okay in Winnipeg. He has quite a heavy courseload, but seems to be staying on top of it. He is taking Math, Meteorology, Flight Regulations (military & civilian), and Aircraft Procedures (I think that's what it is). This week is a lighter week, so he's looking forward to a little break. We are counting the weeks until we get to see each other...5 weeks to go!

On the pregnancy front, sometimes I have to remind myself that I actually AM pregnant! Thankfully, the nausea has left me, but the fatigue has taken over. Between running after Nicholas and work, I seem to forget all about being pregnant until I look down at my belly, which is already bulging way more than it was at 11 weeks last time. I have a midwife appt on Thurs and hopefully will get to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

5 comments:

Ev said...

Glad you are no longer feeling morning sickness. Hopefully you won't get too tired to run after that active little fellow of yours. Sounds like you are still energetic enough tho with all the things you are doing with him. Glad to hear Yan is doing okay. I can imagine tho that he misses you two VERY much. Take care.

The Pierson Family said...

You're lucky girl, the nausea and fatigue are still getting the best of me. Glad to know Yan's OK and Nicholas is just being his usual happy and very active self. Can't wait to hear all about your first ultrasound. Love to you all!

Elaine and Murray said...

The little table & chairs look perfect & Nicholas looks sooo tall sitting there. He is growing up too fast!

Gloria Pierson said...

Adorable pictures of Nicholas!!! Glad to hear they are keeping Yan busy - when he is away from the family he must study hard so he can come back soon!!!! Glad you are over the nausea - try to get some rest!!! Yeah, right with a toddler!!! XOXOX

The Letniaks said...

Looking at pictures of Nic - I can't believe how tall he is getting!!! I know what you mean though, with the second pregnancy/child time flies by sooooo much quicker. I can't believe Landen is 6 months already and eating. That's just not right!! I guess there is NO time to focus on every little detail like there was before. Before you know it you'll be with Yan and having a great visit in a couple weeks. Hope all is well and that you are able to get some rest!