Friday, November 21, 2008

Trip to Alberta

After leaving Winnipeg on Sunday (and still feeling under the weather), Nicholas and I flew to Calgary where Grandma and Grandpa Sankey picked us up. We made a quick stop at Uncle Scott's for supper and a bit of stretch, and then it was into the car for the 3 hour drive to the farm. By the time we got there, I was super ready for a bed, and slept in until 11:30 the next morning!

Mom and Dad informed me that I was to rest, not to cook, do dishes, look after Nic, or anything. I didn't argue much, and by the time we left, I was well rested and as ready as I'd ever be to get back to work. Nicholas enjoyed his time at the farm immensely and it was great to watch him discover all the new things out there.

He was a little scared of the cows and tractor, but I'm sure by the next visit he'll be right into things with Grandpa! I was sure tempted to stay out there though, with the good food, relaxed atmosphere and grandparents to help with Nicholas. I was reminded yet again that a mother's job is never done, as my mother took care of me and my son for a few days. Thanks Mom and Dad - your constant support means so much!

(For pics check my Mom's blog)

1 comment:

Elaine and Murray said...

It was definitely our pleasure to pamper you & Nic. Glad you could get a respite from stress at least for a few days. Your visits are never long enough!