For those of you interested in what I have been doing at work as well as at home (and those bored with baby/toddler pics), here is a link to some pics of the Prenatal Fitness Class I have been teaching Tuesdays at Ascent Physio. The class was supposed to finish on the 2nd, but the girls loved it so much, they wanted to continue into Dec, so I decided to run it for 4 more weeks - and we had 2 more girls join!
When I was pregant with Nicholas, it seemed like the only group classes I could do were yoga and aquatic classes. There was a real void for a true prenatal fitness class with true strength training and cardio. So I decided to create one myself, and hoped that the knowledge I have through my physio training and the lessons I had learned while pregnant the first time would help me create a safe, fun, yet challenging class for pregnant ladies from 0-8 months pregnant.
It seems we are always told all the things we CANNOT do while pregnant, and may of the moms in my class have commented how great it is to find out there are things they CAN do while pregnant in terms of maintaining fitness and strength safely.
Sarah Seads has been my partner in getting the class up and going, and I want to thank her for taking these awesome pics!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How creative!!! It is so motivating to look at the positive side of what you CAN do while pregnant! Great Job Kim! Bravo!!!
Post a Comment